Official Site of Noted Advocate, Author and Documentarian
Natalie Chavis Fisher loves to advocate for children in need. Within her twenty years of legal practice, she has worked with thousands of foster children, adoptive parents, CASA volunteers and child services specialists.
Chavis Fisher received the prestigious Congressional Angel in Adoption Award for her commitment to improve the lives of children in need of permanent homes.
Chavis Fisher has worked for the Indiana University Football Program, the Indianapolis Colts and the National Football League.
In her free time, Chavis Fisher loves to read, travel and kickbox. She is most fulfilled when she is spending time with her husband.
In the Press
I was hooked from page one! Author, Chavis Fisher, has the rare talent and ability to develop rich, relatable characters… characters you care about, root for and feel like you've known for years. Adopting Tiger is an unfiltered look inside the emotional process of adopting a child. The drama unfolds as two families battle it out for one special little boy. Throughout the book, Chavis skillfully guides us through dark alleys of the human condition, as motivations are revealed and skeletons exposed. All the while, it's young Tiger who suffers through, trapped in a cycle of adult misdeeds. His future hanging in the balance between riches, rags or worse. A true page turner!
Adopting Tiger is a legal-thriller that will have you captivated from the beginning. Chavis Fisher does a wonderful job highlighting the emotional ups and downs which adoptive parents, foster children and lawyers experience before, during and after adoption. This book will provide readers with an in-depth exploration of the multi-faceted lives of the families interested in adopting Tiger. More importantly, Chavis Fisher does an excellent job unraveling the internal and external pressures of the adoption process.
NATIONAL COLLEGIATE ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION
If you ever wondered what the foster care system was really like, especially through the eyes of a child, Adopting Tiger is a must read. Author Chavis Fisher not only captures the true essence of the everyday battles and struggles of those who work relentlessly in the system, but she captures and tells the story from a point of view that’s rarely told - the child’s. With her years of work and expertise as an adoption attorney and CASA volunteer advocate, she sheds light on an over-burdened system, full of flaws, and forgotten children, but also captures the one true thing every child needs. Hope.
BROADCAST JOURNALIST, FORMER ABC SACRAMENTO
Upcoming and Past Events
- Tue, Jun 15https://e360tv.com/Jun 15, 12:00 PM EDThttps://e360tv.com/Join us for an E360tv Livestream show on unconscious bias and disproportionality in foster care! Just click on this link https://e360tv.com/ Then go to the "Live Streams" section and click on the red "Sweet" thumbnail. It's just that easy! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU THERE!!
- Wed, May 19https://www.mcdcstraumainformedcare.com/?ut
- Sat, Mar 13https://handsofhopein.org/every-child-faqs/Mar 13, 9:00 AMhttps://handsofhopein.org/every-child-faqs/Come join child welfare expert Natalie Chavis Fisher at the Hands of Hope Every Child Symposium. You'll learn the ups and downs of foster care in America. This online conference is for anyone who desires to make a difference in the life of an at-risk child. Hope to see you there!
- Sat, Nov 21"Foster Care: Perfect Imperfection"Nov 21, 2020, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM"Foster Care: Perfect Imperfection"Please join film creator and producer Natalie Chavis Fisher and the Children's Bureau, Inc. for a virtual screening of "Foster Care: Perfect Imperfection. We would love to see you there! *Indiana DCS granted self-directed foster hours for the screening
- Sat, Nov 21National Adoption Day PanelNov 21, 2020, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM GMT-5National Adoption Day PanelPlease join "Foster Care: Perfect Imperfection" film producer Natalie Chavis Fisher, Jerricho Cotchery former NFL player and coach and his wife, and foster adoptive parent Michelle Chitwood as we celebrate National Adoption Day! Panel discussion hosted by Judge Derwin Webb!
- Sat, Mar 16Eastern Star Church
- Wed, May 16Ivy Tech Community College Indianapolis
- Sat, Nov 18Indy Reads Books